As a former Assistant Landscape Architect for the NYC Parks department, Heather brings a wide range of experience in designing the public environment to the Starr Whitehouse team. Her public sector work includes playgrounds, parks, and site design, as well as planting plans, streetscapes, master planning, urban design, and urban planning. She has worked on public projects and community engagement efforts here in New York and in Chicago, Illinois.
Heather is a flexible designer who approaches open space on multiple levels. She completed her Bachelors of Landscape Architecture at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, where she received the Illionois ASLA’s Undergraduate Award of Honor and the Outstanding Senior Award. With a strong interest in systems thinking and collaborative design, she aspires to build timeless landscapes that solve complex problems in the public realm.
- Green Infrastructure Street Improvements, Brooklyn, NY
- StuyTown Playground and Fitness Park, New York, NY
- Halletts Point Waterfront Development, Queens, NY
- Southwest Park, Hoboken, NJ
- DDC 40th Precinct Station House, Bronx, NY
- Atlantic Chestnut Affordable Housing Roof Gardens, Brooklyn, NY
- St. Barnabas Hospital Annex, Bronx, NY
- CPI James Weldon Johnson Playground Reconstruction, New York, NY*
- Kimlau Square Reconstruction, New York, NY*
- Elizabeth Berger Plaza Construction, New York, NY*
- Seneca Park Master Plan, Seneca IL*
- Milwaukee Avenue Corridor Streetscape, Prospect Heights, IL*
* Work completed prior to joining Starr Whitehouse